New MRI Images, first Post-Op :D

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

New MRI Images, first Post-Op :D

Postby joshhearne » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 am

Hey all,

Yesterday I traveled to Dallas to get my first post-op C-Spine MRI. Later that day my NS (Dr. Jackson - awesome NS) got my report and scans and met with me to discuss the results.

Came in and said my scar was a little wider than he expected, apparently it tried to split apart but healed up. The scar is the least of my worries, but I really have none. He told me that my Cyst, which was from my C2-C6, was about 99% gone, the only remnant he found was the central line that should be there. He said that the decompression was looking great, he was really pleased with the way things looked. As for any follow-up exams, told me that it was on my own accord, should any symptoms return or anything new develop. He told me that barring any trauma to my spine or skull the surgery should hold up. He and I were both happy with the results. :D

Diagnosis scan was on 9/22/09, diagnosed on 9/23/09, surgery was on 10/21/09, returned to work (lite duty) 3 weeks after surgery and got a full release from my NS for work on 9 weeks post-op. 2/22/10 was confirmation that I assumed since my symptoms were gone. 23 years of living with Chiari, nasty headaches, pain from laughing and coughing. Now I've been headache free for 4 months, I can laugh without fear of pain and I've been hacking up a lung recently but there's no pain associated with it. Those were my two main symptoms. I did have some tingling sensations down my spine and sometimes into my hands and feet when I'd turn my head quickly. Now I have no such sensations.

Here's a couple pre-op scans....let me know if these don't show up, I've had issues with this photo hosting service before...

Here's a couple from yesterday's MRI....these turned out pretty grainy, had to expose them some more, came to me real dark...
Josh

DX'd 9/23/09
PFD Surgery on 10/21/09, Craniotomy, C-1 Laminectomy and Duraplasty (own tissue)
24mm Herniation (CSF now good/normal)
C2-C6 Syrinx (Collapsed :))
joshhearne

Re: New MRI Images, first Post-Op :D

Postby RIrider » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Great news!! Continued wellness to you!!!
RIrider

Postby *Hope* » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey Josh! Good to see you around again and great to see you with such AWESOME news. I am truly happy for you. I remember talking to you about your DX and your doctor visits before you surgery. You were so smart about finding the right surgeon and you've just done a great job taking care of yourself post-op! Your MRIs are flippin' AMAZING! Very cool that you posted them for people to see what a good outcome can look like. I am so thrilled for you. I hope you have continued success! :)
CM1
*Hope*

Postby Claudine » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Josh,
Congratulations on the successful surgery and thank you for coming back to asap to post your results. People here need to hear about successes.
I wish you the best and continuous good health.
Claudine
Claudine

Postby joshhearne » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Thanks everyone, going to try my best to check in and offer what advice I can when I feel I can give it. I still don't know enough on the more advanced CM/SM cases to say much, but I've learned a good bit in regards to what I have. Glad I can share my story.
Josh

DX'd 9/23/09
PFD Surgery on 10/21/09, Craniotomy, C-1 Laminectomy and Duraplasty (own tissue)
24mm Herniation (CSF now good/normal)
C2-C6 Syrinx (Collapsed :))
joshhearne

Postby wendi » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Josh:

I am so happy with the way things turned out for you. I am glad that you rememered to post here so people know that there are sucess stories out there and you are proof.

We love to have you around. Check in the help the newbies and answer questions they may have, especially about surgery.

Take care,
Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to Share Your Success Story!